Dear Groove Seekers,
If you dig the show, we'd love to receive your feedback!
Huge thanks to Frederick Tubiermont for setting up the live feed.
Love & peace,
“Tony O’Malley is a soul survivor. He co-founded Kokomo in the seventies, who toured with The Average White Band and recorded with Bob Dylan on “Desire”. Meteorite is O’Malley’s eleventh solo album. The album kicks off with the title track, a storming groove reminiscent of Steely Dan’s Cousin Dupree. It goes at a fair lick and is what O’Malley is all about, pure groove, funky keyboard, growling vocals and soul to spare. Whether funk, soul, groove, gospel, jazz or ballads, O’Malley has it all. Check out his impressive back catalogue. This guy is meteoric as the album title suggests. He always give you all he’s got. And you won’t get much better anywhere else.”
“I am absolutely knocked out with Meteorite!”
— Chris Kimsey, legendary record producer
Food for the Soul...
Take some soulful vocals and funky piano playing from Tony O’Malley, mix with guitar, bass and drums from some of Britain’s brightest young talent, add a blend of classic songs, undiscovered gems and original material, and you get The Tony O’Malley Band!
We'd love to see you at one of our shows. Come up and say hello.
Feb 28 2019
Mar 1 2019
Mar 16 2019
Mar 29 2019
Mar 30 2019
May 3 2019
May 12 2019
Jun 8 2019
Oct 26 2019
Feb 21 2019
Feb 20 2019
Feb 16 2019
Feb 15 2019
Feb 2 2019
Feb 1 2019
Jan 26 2019
Jan 25 2019
Jan 19 2019
Jan 11 2019
Jan 7 2019
Jan 2 2019
Dec 28 2018
Dec 21 2018
Dec 16 2018
Dec 15 2018
Dec 14 2018
Dec 13 2018
Dec 10 2018
Dec 8 2018
METEORITE now available
After months of working with his great young band and several other fine musicians and singers in three different studios, supported by the extraordinary engineering skills of Roland Clarke, Tony's new album ‘METEORITE’ is now available!
You can listen to the tracks online now or buy the CD and you'll receive an immediate download.
The band on all tracks:
- Richie Aikman - electric guitar, acoustic guitar, background vocals
- Ally McDougal - drums, percussion, background vocals
- Tony O’Malley - vocals, piano, electric piano, strings, Clavinet
- Sonny Winslow - bass, background vocals:
- Charlotte Churchman - background vocals on tracks 2, 3, 6, 7, 8 & 9
- Frank Collins - background vocals on all tracks except 10
- Alan Darby - electric & slide guitar on track 4
- Keith Fairbairn - percussion tracks 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 & 9
- Neil Sidwell - trombone & horn arrangements tracks 4 & 9
- Ross Stanley - Hammond organ on all tracks
- Marty Townsend - acoustic guitar on track 10
- Tom Walsh - trumpet tracks 4 & 9
- Martin Williams - tenor & baritone sax on tracks 4 & 9
Engineered, mixed and mastered by Roland Clarke
assisted by Tony O’Malley & Sonny Winslow